I can't recall where I got this recipe, but it makes a pretty good mushroom soup.
- 10 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 6 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 c half & half
- 2 Tbsp sherry
- Cook mushrooms in broth with onion and thyme until tender (10 to 15 minutes).
- Puree mixture (leaving chunks) and set aside.
- Melt butter and whisk in flour until smooth.
- Add salt, pepper, half & half to pureed mushrooms.
- Stirring constantly, bring to boil and cook until thickenened.
- Add sherry and stir.